Wednesday 16 January 2013

You are Y O U!!!

Guy: Sir, i feel so sad. I hate my life. I think i chose the wrong profession... I see all my mates that we graduated together moving on in their careers  Mine is just dragging. I see Tunji, i see Helen...i can count and count them one by one....they are all successful. I don't enjoy the kind of life and fame they enjoy as a result of their career choice.
Ohhhhh Gooooood whyyyyy?!!!

G.O: Aburo, aren't being foolish with the way you think?
Yes, you are a fool. Look, don't get me wrong...am not saying you should live without ambition. I am not saying you should not have that competitiveness in you. But when it makes you feel this way then you have gone too far.
2 cor 10: 12 says, 'Gbogbo awon to ba nwo aago alago sise, tabi ti o n fi ori we ori- omugo ni won'
You don't have to compare yourself with somebodyelse. You are unique. No one is competent enough to be a yardstick for you to measure your success.
To evaluate your success accurately you must first understand your God-given purpose.
You can only measure yourself with YOU. Not with someonelse who is created to serve a different purpose in life.
So ki lo fe se now? You want to go back to Uni and start studying Engineering? After that, wa tun lo study Medicine?

Let me tell you one sad truth- you'll never be good at being somebodyelse...no matter how hard you try. So don't fall into that trap. O ma nmu enia wa depressed ni o.
Look, look here omode yi, God has given you everything you need to serve the purpose He created you for. You have to forget about other people's role for now and focus on yours. They have a different skill, gift and ability to play a different role. Ayanmo won yato! So ngbadun mi? Ile aye yi dabi papa isere ni- olukaluku nse tire ba se fi ran ni.
Discover your purpose and ask God for the ability to excel. Keep working on yourself. Stop moaning!

I know where this frustration is coming from. I know it's probably your family that is putting pressure on you. I know you are seen as some kind of rebel because you chose your path. You went with your heart. You did not follow the career your family set for you. So now that your dream career is dragging, they are piling pressure on you to make you think you took a bad decision. They are reminding you of your friends who are excelling. You just calm aburo. So gbo? Caaaalmmm down!
I know your father wants you to live up to his reputation but i tell you ko possible. Bi father e se yan tire yato si bi iwo se yan tire.
You have to be yourself. You are what God created you to be. Being yourself brings glory to God.

O ya cheer up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment