Thursday 6 June 2013

The 'DJ'

I used to be a 'DJ' at this pub/restaurant in 2005.
It is not the usual DJ you are used to o...this na special one. The job duty is plate washing which is similar to how djs spin their hands on the turntable.
If you want to tush up the profession, you call it Kitchen porter.

I pass through this place everyday and each time i look towards the building it reminds me of where i started from (infact this wasn't the beginning of my story in this country- i'll save that for another day). *Iyen tun badder* (in Davido's voice).
However it just occurred to me this evening when i was held up in the traffic right infront of the building to take a pic and share with everyone.

Moral of the pic:
- Listen, there's always a place of humble beginning. Never despise this.
- Every huge forest started out with a tree. Never be too big to start small.
- Wherever you find yourself, no matter how diminishing the role you are given is, try to do your best.
- No matter how young your boss might be to you, be respectful and obedient. Ko si bi igimu alagbase se gun to, eniti o gbese fun ni oga e.
- Don't act like a big man when you are not. This is why it's difficult for some people to mention where they work and the nature of their job. I ain't saying packaging no good o but be real. Oun naa ni alaanu se jina si elomiran.
- As long as the job put food on your table, be proud of it. There is dignity in legitimate labour, no matter how menial it might be. Eniti o jale lo b'omo je.

When you do all these things, providence will reward you in due course of time. Olorun ri inu gbogbo eda and He knows when you are matured enough to move up the ladder.

If this is the position you are at the moment and you are getting weary, discouraged or too ashamed, i am here to tell you to FORITI. I am not saying be SATISFIED, but for now endure and be diligent.
If you cannot be in charge of little, don't expect to be put in charge of many.
Life is in stages- ko se sare gun o. You need to pay your dues.
Eda ti ko ba ni itan kii pe tan.

I am not THERE myself. I am still striving.
I have just left a stage. I am waiting for the next.
I am never satisfied to rest on my oars, but i am contented and patient enough to painfully climb the ladders all the way to the top.

#livinglifeonlife'sterms

No comments:

Post a Comment