Friday 28 March 2014

Yeye dey smell

Una wan reap wear una no sow

The same Akin VòGg that was in Nigeria few years back is still the same one trying to realise his dreams now in another man's country.
The only thing that changed is the condusive environment which my adopted country offered me to thrive.

Firstly, i was able to THINK rightly. Then i later discovered so many things about myself. I discovered that i have value. I dicovered i can be whatever i want to be. I discoverd i am different from animals. I discovered i have basic rights which must be protected.
These were the same things i asked from my own country. I never asked for too much.
- Give me an education system that will bring out the best in me not recycled lecture notes, and i don't want to study a 4-year course for an indifinite period.
- Fix the basic amenities and let me truely know the difference between the living conditions of  animals and human beings.
- Place merit above 'all other factors'. I should not waste away because i don't have connections at the top.
- Discover and develop raw talents not raise mediocres.

This Chiwetelu do not know you. He's not part of you. You did not raise him.

Don't wait to claim glory where you do not deserve one.
Give hope to the many young Chiwetelus in our country. Destinies are wasting away!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, word! They did not raise him in nigeria but now the stupid ones are proud that is our son from enugu.

    How many lifes do dey save to become someone like Ejiofor and stupid gov saying this to inspire other young nigerians to strive for excellence when a 1st class holder no get connection to work, u will c dem doing conductor after studyin hard at uni.

    Inshort SMH 2 ALL d elders/politicians/rich and to people destroying young lifes.

    Nonsense.

    ReplyDelete