Friday 28 March 2014

People perish for lack of understanding

I don't pay my tithe because of Malachi 3 or because of fear of heaven or hell.
I pay my tithe because i know my local church has needs to be met. Utilities to be paid, salaries of workers, maintenace of church building or rent as applicable etc. And if you are looking for my tithe record, sorry you can't find one.

I am happy to do more in a setting where there is judicious disbursement of the funds and transparency.

I am not moved by fire and brimstone coming out of the tongue of the pastor. I give as i am led. Infact, the way i was brought up is to look for what needs to be fixed in the church and do it before the pastor even comes out to publicly announce it. For example, if you see the choir need a new drumkit, you can sort it out if you are blessed to do it. No show-off, no noise, but as discreet as possible.

I willingly throw myself to the service in the vineyard without neccessarily filling any membership forms....and i don't see any service within the church as too low for me. From cleaning the toilet to cutting the grass....i'm just sold like that.
I don't care whether any human being is taking any record or not. I am not cut out for eye service.

Giving to men of God is also a good thing especially those of them who are committed to the work of the vineyard fulltime. Whatever you must give should also be freewill in appreciation of how they have made a positive impact in your spiritual growth. NOTHING SHOULD BE DONE OUT OF COMPULSION...and you don't need to run yourself bankrupt to satisfy anybody.

There is a reward for every good deed we do especially when done with the right kind of heart. That's just the basic principle of life.

Life will be easier if we do things with understanding.

Shikena.

No comments:

Post a Comment