Monday 28 July 2014

Work your Faith

[PLEASE READ WITH AN OPEN MIND]

A farmer who has not done any planting but have faith like the size of an Elephant will have no harvest. (Emi ni mo so be)

Faith has its place. Work has its place.

Your part God will not do. His part you cannot do.

When situation that requires the use of commonsense are pinned on faith then wahala ma wa o.

You think i am getting controversial now abi? I know you can't wait to bombard me with series of bible passages like prov 3:5-6, Ish 55:8-9, 1Cor 1:25 etc but wait and hear me out before you crucify me.

I am a very spiritual person myself but i think common sense and faith should be complementary. Infact experience has taught me overtime that the reason why so many spiritual people struggle in their physical lives is because they have laid aside their sense of reasoning.
Many have been brainwashed to the point of feeling guilty for using their common sense. I am sure some of you have met these type of spiritual people whose physical lives are messed up.

These people know everything about prayer, faith and God (which is a good thing), but they have completely ignored the principles guiding this physical world we live in. These principles can only be channeled through the use of our common sense.
These principles once violated have no regard for your level of spirituality whether you are born again or not. You will face the full consequences.
God stuffed our skull with something called brain for a purpose; and that is to MAKE USE OF IT. The use of it will allow you obey some principles and make good sound judgements which will in turn help you live longer, healtheir, be above debts, have a peaceful home and ultimately stop praying some senseless prayers.

When you have faith you must also have WISE actions. It is high time you stopped all these senseless 'faith confessions' when you won't apply the principle of common sense when it matters.
Examples are: "i claim my marriage by faith" yet your attitude stinks and you are not approachable. Even if you eventually get married you won't last in that home.
"i claim my promotion by faith" yet every work appraisal points to the fact that you are very lazy" . Tell me how you want to be promoted? Yet a colleague who is not even a christian will get promoted simply because he/she is diligent.

Common sense tells me i need to get a job or start that project before i can get financial breakthrough and NOT giving  the little i have to a pastor in return for a miracle handshake that will suddenly open a floodgate of cash.
Common sense tells me if my genotype is AS i should avoid a partner with AS so that we don't risk having a child with SS which will cause the home so much pain and eventual loss.
Commonsense tells me i need to be prudent with my finances  and embark on projects that are within my financial means or else i risk ending up with debts that i won't be able to pay off.
Common sense tells me that even if God has said i will become a great surgeon i have a part to play. I won't just walk into a hospital and asked to be allowed to operate patients by faith. I need to attend a medical school to be properly trained!

Exercising extreme faith while excluding common sense (which is a main characteristic of wisdom) can be detrimental. It can simply be like the case of Folorunso to nfi okun ògèdè gun òpe.

I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment